Chrome + Mac + I/O Error

9.15.10

A month ago I started getting repeated kernel errors that claimed that an “I/O Error” had occurred. When this took place the entire computer would freeze for 1min and then resume as if nothing had happened. I was/am using Snow Leopard and the latest version of Google Chrome on a MacBook Pro.

I tried everything:
  • Fixing any disk errors
  • Fixing any permission errors
  • Reinstalling Snow Leopard
  • Reinstalling Chrome
Finally after much frustration I removed the application settings and the problem went away. A month later however the problem cam back. I almost tried all the above methods again, however instead of removing all the settings instead I cleared the cache. I haven’t had a problem ever since!